Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I love my mandolin.

To begin with.
I absolutely ADORE my mandolin. Lately I've been trying to learn some basics; reading notes, tabs, etc. I can't wait until I can fully play and learn different songs, and not be stuck to just strumming and such. If only my love Chris (Thile) could teach me, how amazing that would be. He is such a genius and definitely is my main influence for wanting to learn to play, not to mention he is absolutely gorgeous and my husband in the very near future. I will stop rambling now.

I've decided to start this blog because it seems like a good way to empty out my thoughts, and so my sisters can see what I am up to/thinking. I feel as if I am very misinterpreted, so hopefully these posts clear up more of who I am I guess you could say? That sounds kind of cheesy, but it's the only way I can think of putting it.

School is crazy as ever, but I guess that's expected especially your senior year. There is A LOT of pressure on getting everything done in order to graduate, something I am very scared I am not going to get to do. I mean I'm not saying I'm not going to graduate, but it just seems like I have an infinite amount of work to do before I get there even though it's next weekend. I just can't wait for it to be over, what a huge weight off the shoulders that will be. I'm truly going to miss it though, the people I've met, teachers who have been mentors to me, it's going to be incredibly hard for me never in a million years would I have thought that I would get as attached to that school as I did, I just can't imagine what it's going to be like not seeing the people I do everyday and not having as strong of a support system. Oh lord am I petrified.

Well I guess that's all for today, until tomorrow.

Today's Playlist:
To Be Alone With You- Sufjan Stevens
Air Pollution- Page France
Ophelia- Gabe Witcher
I Was Broken- Robert Pattinson
Suicide Medicine- Rocky Votolato
Scotch and Chocolate- Nickel Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment