Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunshine and Music.

The weather has been so nice outside the past couple days, and I love it! The constant sunshine and rising temperatures are a great reminder that summer vacation is approaching very quickly, which is even more exciting. I need to start making a list of plans that I have in store for me this summer, so far I have a couple:
  • Bike rides with Mariah
  • Graduation parties
  • Lollapalooza 2009 (an AMAZING line-up this year I might add, check it out! http://2009.lollapalooza.com/ )
  • A trip to Utah
  • Dave Mathews at Alpine-- hopefully!
  • Spend most of my time outside; tanning, going to the beach, the park, playing sports, etc.
  • Furthering my learning at playing the mandolin
  • Read as many books as I can
Those are the few that I can think of right now, but I'm sure there will be much, much more in the near future. I want to find a lot more concerts to go to this summer, I feel like I have hardly gone to any, which is pretty true, four isn't a whole lot. I will just have to start crossing my fingers and hoping I find some good one's I can go to. This talk of concerts brings us to the second topic at hand besides sunshine, and that's music. The past couple days I have been downloading an infinite amount of new music to start listening to! Finding new bands always makes my day, and I can't wait to start listening away. I can't go a day without my Ipod, it is one of my prize possessions and you will always see it with me. I love when people look through it and are just like "what the heck kind of music is this?!" I find it to be really quite funny, but I personally think I listen to very good music, and not only have I gotten the above comments, but also the "you're music taste is great!' one's too. Me saying that probably makes me sound full of myself, but I don't mean for it to at all. It's great finding people who actually appreciate music and don't just listen to the mainstream crap that is out there now, yuck. It all sounds the same to me, give me something original, seriously!

Well, I should probably enjoy this beautiful day while I can before work. Until tomorrow.

Today's Playlist:
Lover- Devendra Banhart
Wake Up- Arcade Fire
Sunshine- Matt Costa
Carefree Highway- Gordon Lightfoot
Sing Songs Along- Tilly and the Wall
Summer Teeth- Wilco
Train Song- Feist and Ben Gibbard
Subterranean Homesick Blues- Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment